This year I decided to have a carnival themed party for my son’s first birthday. It took about 3 months of planning but turned out to be a wonderful event. Continue reading “1st Birthday Carnival Party”
I have been looking for the best jeans for my kids that are cost effective yet durable since my kids play hard. After searching high and low I have ranked the best jeans for your money.
- The Children’s Place – they have jeans that are $7.99 pretty much every day of the week. They claim it is a “sale” price yet the sale never ends. They have skinny, straight and bootcut pants options which are good for kids of all sizes. My son is very skinny and the slim jeans fit him rather nicely. They aren’t too tight and they aren’t too baggy. For the price of $7.99 it can’t be beat.
- H&M – if you have an H&M near you they are the 2nd best option. They provide the slim look that all the kids are crazy about these days and they are only $9.99.
- Old Navy – everyone pretty much has an Old Navy close to them. The sale price of their jeans typically falls right around $10 but you must catch them at the right times. Like The Children’s Place, they offer the different styles that will fit your kid just right.
- Crazy 8 – what I like about them is their Rockstar jeans. They have the perfect fit to them and my son looked absolutely amazing in them, he even won best dressed at his football banquet when having them on. What puts them at number 4 is only because of the higher price of $12 which isn’t really even high at all.
For my parents with kids out of the child sizing (5-14) I believe one of the top stores for girls is Forever 21. They have skinny jeans that come in at the low low price of $7.99. You aren’t going to find that price for adult jeans anywhere. For those with the older boys, I will have to recommend Old Navy as they tend to have more sales than most places and the jeans are offered in multiple styles. If your child likes the distressed look you can also easily YouTube how to do it yourself so you aren’t paying an arm and a leg.
Happy Shopping 🙂
I have been fasting with my church for a month and haven’t been able to eat most things except fruits, vegetables, and fish. I had to find ways to get creative with vegetables so that I could switch up the things I was able to eat every day. The vegetable I found to be most unique and easy to transform into different things was cauliflower. I think I am in love lol ❤ Continue reading “The week I fell in love with cauliflower”
I recently had a baby in October where I took a nice 12 weeks of maternity leave. Coming back to work has been a major change for me. I thought it would be helpful to provide new moms with information to help with the transition.
- Try to get your baby on a schedule in the beginning. There are many different books and websites that will give you ideas on how to have a good schedule. This will make things easier when you return to work because you will not have sleepless night where you have to wake up and make it through an 8 hours work day.
- Check with your job regarding pumping options. Make sure you know exactly how your job works if you are plan to continue breastfeeding when you return to work. You will need to have a schedule and know if your employer has a shared space or any space at all. You will also need to let your manager know your pumping plan/schedule especially if you work for a place that isn’t very familiar with breastfeeding moms.
- Check your options for free pumps. Currently a free electric pump can be received if you have insurance. Look at the pump options and if you have choices make sure you get the one with the best reviews that work for your pumping style. I have become more interested in hands free breast pumps because it makes it a lot easier if you are trying to do anything else while you are pumping.
- Make sure you are eating well and have snacks to last throughout the day. This is especially important if you are pumping during the day. Pumping burns a lot of calories and if you aren’t eating right you may lose your production and nutrients in your milk.
- Find a daycare that has hours that work for you, people that you trust with your baby, and things that are important to you (camera, in-home, center, uses cloth diapers, works with breastmilk).
I hope all the new moms have success in their transition back to work. Leaving your baby is never easy so making sure you have a smooth transition is always helpful.
I have recently started working on my taxes and helping others as I do most years and this year I decided to try out a different provider. Typically I go straight to TurboTax and they make things fairly easy, however, the past few years I don’t like the hidden fees and the way they up-sell to get done what you need. This year after getting an email from credit karma I decided to try out their services. Also note credit karma is great for checking your credit scores and looking for ways to improve your score as they give free advice and suggestions. What was great about credit karma is the fact that everything truly was free. They don’t require you to pay for any filing for state or federal and your full refund is 100% yours. The set up is almost exactly the same as TurboTax and they will guide you through the pages that you need to fill out. I had no problems and someone with little to no tax experience should be able to file with no problem. You can register to use their services at http://www.creditkarma.com/tax.
Happy Tax Season All!
I have said several times I feel like I have had every birthday party imaginable for my kids in Raleigh. I thought I would share some of the ideas I’ve done for both my son and daughter.
Continue reading “Birthday Party Ideas”
Thought I would share a new app I’ve been using with everyone. Continue reading “Thumbtack”
New year new savings. I saw some interesting deals and thought I would share with everyone. These are especially good if you have children:
I’m currently traveling to Atlanta to spend Christmas with my mom and sister and this has been definitely one of the top 4 worse drives to Atlanta that I have done. What really makes it bad is the constant traffic and the fact that my sister recently moved and is now an hour farther away from me. I’m currently on I-20 the most boring interstate in the world, however, a few things are keeping me from going completely crazy. Continue reading “Road Trip”
I saw some really good deals online today so I thought I would share a few with everyone in case you are still in need of a few things. Continue reading “Best Deals for Today”